1) To regulate the practice of registered nurses, midwives,and nurse-midwives according to the TNMC professional code of ethics.
2) To promote education, services, research and career advancement in the nursing, midwifery, or nursing &midwifery professions.
3) To promote the unity and maintain the dignity of members.
4) To assist, advise, educate, and disseminate information in relation to the scientific knowledgebase of nursing, midwifery, and public health to the public and other organizations.
5) To provide consultation and recommendations to the government in relation to the advancement of nursing and midwifery, and towards the achievement of comprehensive health care.
6) To be a representative of nurses, midwives, and nurse-midwives in Thailand.
7) To maintain justice and provide welfare to members.