1. To protect health consumers’ rights in order to ensure that quality nursing and midwifery services are received according to professional standards and equity.
2. To protect nursing and midwifery providers regarding professional standards and fair management.
3. To advance nursing and midwifery professionally to international standards, and to direct society in relation to health by promoting knowledge construction, knowledge management, and capacity building for nursing leaders.
4. To develop efficient organizational management systems through the use of information technology, and to constantly strengthen quality assurance systems.
5. To develop national and international policies related to nursing, midwifery, and health systems.