1) To register and issue licenses for nurses, midwives, and nurse-midwives.
2) To suspend or revoke a nursing, midwifery, or nurse-midwifery license.
3) To approve the nursing and midwifery curriculum prior to its forwarding to the Ministry of Education.
4) To approve education programs in nursing and midwifery at certificate level.
5) To approve training programs in nursing and midwifery.
6) To accredit academic institutions that offer educational and training programs specified in 4 and 5.
7) To approve nursing degrees, nursing certificates equivalent to a degree, nursing certificates and certificates of nursing specialties and advanced practice nursing.
8) To issue certificates of specialization or other forms of certification in nursing, midwifery, or nursing &midwifery.
9) To function according to the objectives of The Thailand Nursing and Midwifery Council (TNMC)